Sunday, July 22, 2012

tick bitten

I have dozens of itchy welts but we're fortunately in Kansas where Lyme Disease is fairly uncommon.  If I'd acquired this collection of bites back in Maryland, I would be having major bullseye anxiety.

Anyway, I jogged 1.5 miles on the TM, and it felt very relaxed and loose.  I think I'm getting to the point where I could jog 15-20 minutes as a daily minimum.  That's what I used to do, although most of my easy runs were longer.

After the jog, I tried Z's new workout, #26.  It's more complicated than the other 25, which works for people who like that kind of thing.  As for the clumsier and less adept me, I will try it again because some of the exercises seem really useful--and the sit-up/knee clutch exercise is amazingly satisfying--but I got more of a coordination workout than a true burn.  The intervals were just 30 seconds long.  By the time I wrangled my limbs into (the close to) correct movement, it was onto the next equally extremity-snarling thing.  I definitely need at least one more go at it!

2 comments:

Fran said...

I felt the same way about that workout! I might try some of them separately to get used to them and unclumsify myself that way! I was checking out some of the older vids. I might add #7 and #8 to my mental list of workouts to revisit.

cs said...

It didn't help that it was time-based and not on number of reps...30 seconds can go by really quickly!
Good luck with 7 and 8...I tried 7 according to my log, but don't remember anything about it.