Saturday, July 7, 2012

pistol whipped butt

Zwow #12 again today.  I think I'll do this workout every week because it hits the (rather soft and weak) target.  And I experienced a minor triumph today: I descended fully in a one-legged squat for the first time in my life without losing balance!  Both legs too!  but I couldn't get up.  Part of the problem was that I was barefoot and my heels were rising from the floor: the added heel lift from shoes might have been enough.   With more strength I might find that I can drop ever so slightly less, too.  Right now, it's kind of an action potential all-or-nothing situation and maybe I'm going past the point of no return.  Next time, I'll wear shoes.  Meanwhile, I'm thrilled that my efforts are paying off.

Next week's plan:

3 long (hr+ runs), and hopefully one with some tempo running like this week.  I'm starting to feel the need for (relative) speed again.
3 zwow or other strenuous circuit workouts
2 bouts of clamshells/deadlifts/shoulder rows

No comments: