Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So this place has made me angry

I'm trying to keep the language in this blog as friendly as possible but I have finally reached a similar expletive-laced point I'd reached in Virginia during that miserable swampy hot summer there.

___ it, you ____ ______, I ______ hate you and I will beat you.

The combo of heat and unusual allergies was irksome enough, but the hundred or so itchy chigger bites and the wilting edges of some of my pond plants (how hot does it have to be that things growing in water are suffering???) and the recent drought advisory that we should be watering the house have brought things to a boil.  Yes, I have since found out that what I have are probably chigger bites, and not baby tick bites, although I did pull a few adult ticks off in the melee.  And watering the house means dampening the dirt around the foundation so that the dirt doesn't crumble away and the foundation and everything above it crack from the lessened support.  It bugs me enough to waste water on grass, and I usually don't, never mind on inanimate objects.  Anyway, I was beat down but now I've gotten mad.

And it's pointless to get mad at the weather, unless that rage fuels a 70 minute treadmill run and some weightlifting afterward, like this morning.  Originally, I thought about doing zwow #5, but I am still feeling the aftereffects of the pistols.  I was doing them in the evening at work too.

Something special happened last night.  I was alone and facing my reflection in a glass cabinet door.  I lifted one foot off the ground and lowered down until I felt my other heel about to rise off the floor--my butt was at least several inches below my knee so it was an honest squat--and I pushed myself back up.  I think that's as deep as Z goes.  This was on my right leg, and I couldn't do it on my left, nor repeat it on my right later on, but now I have one true pistol to my name.  Finally!  It's very exciting.  This is the 6th week that I've done zwow #12 and my watered-down but still strenuous interpretation of its pistols; now I have seen results and I will continue to plug away at it.  And at running.  In anger.  For the time being.

Things will get better. Chigger bites generally stop itching after ~4-5 days, and Thursday still might harbour thunderstorms, and the Olympics start on Friday!

No comments: