Monday, July 30, 2012

thank you, clouds

It was overcast this morning, which has become unusual.  I considered it an invitation.   The cloud cover made conditions muggy: the humidex was about 36C even though the temp was about ten degrees lower.  It smelled like wet dead vegetation outside.  But there was no roasting sunshine!

The dog and I walked about 1.5 miles.  We checked out the creek for the first time in about a month and, as I'd expected, it's now a series of stagnant ponds, some smelling of dead fish, some not, but all of them too gross for him to enter--rather, for me to let him enter.  His standards are lower and he doesn't consider consequences.

Then I did zwow #12.  I'm not sure if pistols got easier or if I got lazier, but I kept having to remind myself to go lower until I felt certain muscles engage.   My energy level this morning is quite low and I seem to be dehydrated even though I was drinking a lot of water yesterday.  I did spend a fair bit of time in the sauna outside, though: three rounds of bake-cold shower-rest over a couple of hours.  Guess I underestimated how much I was sweating.  It felt nice and relaxing, at any rate.

I don't want to jinx the weather forecast, but it's looking like the rest of the week will be like today, please, please, please.

No comments: