Thursday, July 5, 2012

maybe it's too hot to type

But I have AC!  Thank you, Willis Carrier!  Last two summers, we turned the AC on maybe 3 days the whole summer, and this year, it's been running almost constantly since March or April.  This makes me sad.  We don't keep it set super cold, usually 76-82 F depending on the day, but it still seems like a waste.  And then I step outside and thank science for the technology.

Seriously, though, I really hope that this is the last old largish house we live in.  We didn't have much time to find a place, and this one fit the bill location-wise, but it is a sieve/energy hog.  Fortunately, we don't own it, and we will likely be moving again in Dec.

Anyway, the dog and I did 1.5 miles at about 7 am, when it was already close to 30 C.  The run back became a walk for various reasons, the most visceral of which was a mass casualty event.  We jogged to the creek, to the portion where it's convenient for him to enter, and found umpteen dead fish.  I've never seen even one before because of all the feral cats.

I'm not sure what the culprit it, heat or some sort of pollutant, but it effectively nixes runs with the dog for the time being, unless upstream looks better.  Will check later.  Meanwhile, we'll walk.

No comments: