Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pistols

I did Zwow #12 again, and my pistols still aren't like her pistols, but I feel stronger and can go a little lower without losing my balance.  I've also noticed that my Asian squats have become easier and more steady, and there has been a subtle shift in form.  I'm not falling into into the squat so much as being held into a more comfortable position by various newly-revamped muscles.  yeah!  Eventually, I will be strong enough to apply this to a one-legged squat as well.

It's still hot and I still have this weird reaction going on, but it's subsided to a dull throat/chest ache and a few mouth cankers.  I also had hives on my legs yesterday after my workout, but they went away.   Things felt a little more raw after the workout today, but just a little bit more, and I don't have hives today at all.  I can deal with this until the Olympics (mentally/emotionally speaking).  9 more days!!!!!

My husband has pointed out that I could be having a reaction to airborne wheat particles: it's a local crop and the drought and wind have probably sent all sorts of dry particles in the air.  Could be!  I'll try running again tomorrow and see what happens.  Meanwhile, I'll drink lots of water and sleep and take iron pills.  I'm also going to try to get some local bee pollen because that supposedly helps with allergies. There's not much else I can do besides wear a mask while outdoors and in my sieve-like house.  Um, no, not at that point yet...

Fortunately, the rooms I'm in at work are well-filtered, if not kept at negative pressure as well, so I can catch a break.


No comments: