Thursday, July 12, 2012

puppy guilt

It is imperative to wake up before the dog does so that I can start my treadmill run without seeing any pleading eyes.

This didn't happen today.  I'm wiped.  Due to deteriorating sleep hygiene (just ten more minutes, yes, I've taken them a few times recently), I haven't been able to nap once this week.  I slept soundly and woke up too late.  

Another factor is my body wanting to start naps earlier this week.  I'm not sure why, but I've been ignoring these signals.

So we walked and then I did Zwow #24.  My dive bombers are improving--major breakthrough today: I figured out the best way to breathe during them.   It's amazing how sometimes I will struggle with an exercise and then realize that I'm holding my breath.  Last year, I couldn't even do a dive bomber!

This leaves me with 2 hr+ runs to complete this week.  It's still possible.  

NAPTIME.

Update:  Oh, yes!  There was a hiccup because the stove was cleaning itself and the smell woke me up, so I moved the nap to downstairs and woke up 1.5ish hours later.  And now I remember that I forgot the gallbladder at work.  I found a gallbladder--not on the floor, in a proper specimen bottle--and I have no clue if they put this sort of thing in some sort of preservative that doesn't require refrigeration, or not, so I was going to take it to the lab and ask on my way out....but I was tired and I completely forgot. (Maybe not the first one to do so with this poor gallbladder).  I guess forgetting my very first external organ at work is a good mark of sleep deprivation.  

No comments: