Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

No work for me today, so I got a couple of workouts out of the way.
6 mile treadmill run, including about 20 minutes tempo effort.  On my stingy treadmill, that is about 6.6 mph.  LOL.   The room was rather warm, but I think I've actually gotten somewhat used to that sort of thing.

Then I did Zwow #24.  Originally, I'd hoped to do one of the longer workouts, but I wanted to start one asap after the run and it was quickest to pick the newest.   It turned out to be one of the ten minute workouts.  I couldn't quite keep up with Z, but I was close.  More impressively, I actually did some dive bombers.  I've never been able to do them properly before, and I'm not sure I was doing them properly today, but I was going through the entire motion without collapsing at least.   For one set, I did 7 in a row, and this hobbled me for the sets after it, but it felt like a triumph.

This leaves me with one more circuit workout and one more hour-long run for the week.  I think I can manage 2 workouts in 3 days.  (knock wood)

No comments: