Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday

5.56 miles on the TM.  Started at 6:30 am before the room got too hot.  Third hr+ run of the week done!  All I have to do tomorrow is a circuit workout of some sort, equal in difficulty to one of Z's.

I have been missing my easier circuit workouts recently and I'm starting to feel the lack of clamshells and deadlifts.  These exercises are very important and help counteract my asymmetry/scoliosis/etc.  My right shoulder and left hip became less (and now recently and gradually more) bothersome.   Next week, I will try to do at least two sessions.  These are easy enough to tack onto any other workout.

It's still hot out.  I'm reminded of a trip from Bangkok to Pattaya, an hour or two drive.  I can't remember if the van had air conditioning: everything felt hot.  The transition from ~0 in Korea to ~30+C in Thailand had been a bit abrupt, but I got used to traipsing about with a light sheen of sweat, removed periodically in public toilets, which were Indian-style with water and not paper.  Perfect for a bit of a refreshing splash.

Anyway, I'm in this van, sweating, and sitting ahead of an older couple almost shivering in pashmina cocoons. They told me they were cold all the time in Thailand because they had come from India.

I still want to go to India, and I think now would be the time to go.  It's cooler and much rainier there now.  Kansas could use a monsoon season too.

Meanwhile, I've adjusted to the heat somewhat in that I don't notice the heat as much, I'm not eating much of anything besides fruit and popcorn (and protein supplements), and I'm definitely more lethargic, even though I've been sleeping and napping very soundly.   As a test, perhaps I will see just how much of tomorrow I can sleep away.

Fingers crossed that Sunday will indeed cool down as forecasted.  Only 31C!!  It's amazing to consider that a good day for a long run.




No comments: