Friday, July 5, 2013

The best whey protein powder in the world

I don't know that for sure, but I stand by the superlative 100%.  Even though, to be honest, this is my first whey protein isolate.   I'd never really considered the distinction between "whey protein" and "whey protein isolate" before.   I figured it was all isolate to a certain degree and the other stuff was cheaper.  "Isolate" smacked of one of those bogus marketing terms anyway. 

Recently, I ran out of usual whey protein, and I'm not terribly fond of the goat whey stuff my husband has, and I was starting to look at products on Amazon and feeling bewildered because I usually just scoop an anonymous (but GF) powder out of a bulk bin...meanwhile, I saw the biochem stuff on sale in a store and figured, what the heck, it's gluten free.

This stuff doesn't require stirring.

!!!!  I dumped a scoop into a glass of water and it turned into a slightly yellowish and almost clear solution.  Just like that!  Had I opened a portal?  Where was the big floating colony I had to bust up?  Where were the smaller chunks that would defy desegregation and subsequently burst into powdery sweetness between my teeth?  Where did it all go?

For years, I've ignorantly swallowed rigorously stirred yet clumpy watery homogenization failures.

This stuff dissolves almost instantly.

I am reminded of one of Zuzana's videos; I forget the context, but she was saying that she usually has a glass of protein first thing when she wakes up.    She showed a translucent and uniform solution, and I marveled at her sorcery.  She didn't name the product.  I just assumed it was whey.  The only other protein powder I've tried is soy, and that was even less water-soluble.

Anyway, I have seen the light and I'm feeling a surprising surge of product loyalty already.  The stuff tastes fine too.  I got the Natural type, and it's a faint flavour, unobjectionable, bland, almost like water. I don't have to add almond extract or whatever, or mix it in with milk.

This morning, I was still too core-sore to run, so I exercised chest/arms.

Dumbbell bench press
Dumbbell flies
7-7-7 bicep curl
EZ bar curl
One Arm Pronated Dumbbell Tricep Extension
One Arm Supinated Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Straight Arm dumbbell pullover
Tricep dips (still on the bench, still can't quite hack even one on the dip station, but I'll keep trying)
Seated Bent-Over Two-Arm Seated Dumbbell Tricep Extension

No pushups, just 50 situps.  I upped the weight on the bench press.  In the future, I think I need to split the pushups up and do them during this workout.  Ugh!

No comments: