Tuesday, July 30, 2013

No, I'm not 'that' muthafucka

Man, everybody this afternoon was at the same level of giggly fatigue: everything became hilarious.  The story is too long and ephemeral to type out, but I love it when the big girl words are slung about in good humour.  It's a special kind of comfort.

Anyhoo, after way too much pipetting, and an earworm, I hit the gym.  Just a 15 min jog on the treadmill because I'm spoilt.  I'm so used to listening to tunes and lectures--simultaneously.   Tectonic plates had practically created new continents by the ten minute mark.  It felt endless.  Worse still, the treadmill was a deluxe one with a ledge for reading material.  A glaringly empty ledge.

Then, legs.  There is no bar, nor any leg machines, and the dumbbells go up to only 20 lbs.  Oh, well!

goblet squats
calf raises
1-legged deadlifts
deadlifts (relaxing, light)
lunges
1-legged bridge
situps

Oops, I omitted the 1-legged squats!  Not entirely accidentally: I thought of them at the end.  Actually, I didn't think of the lunges until halfway through.  And I'm sure there's some other exercise that I forgot.

Tomorrow, I might do shoulders.

Dumbbell shoulder press
Bent over rows, single arm
deltoid raises, side front, back
shrugs
Cuban press
Iron cross

I don't precisely have a bench to work with--there are at least a couple of machines with benches, but the guy who has been there the last two evenings has graciously let me hog superset with the 20 and 15 lb dumbbells and, in turn, I work around his circuit.  It's a small space.  And I want to leave the machines free for him.

I also found a trail system here! This is why both pairs of pants I brought are slightly muddy.  Oh, well, it isn't a fashion show. 

No comments: