Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Belated Canada Day!

Yesterday: tempo run, 3 miles in 22:10.  Ok, a shorter and slightly different route with a net downhill of about 100 feet, but I'm still shocked.  Usually under 8:00/mile is great.  I can't remember the last time I put together 3 miles under 7:30/mile. 

After that, I ducked into the forest.  It was only about 22 C but very humid; I took my shirt off and cooled off a bit while splashing through puddles.  I haven't run in just a sports bra in a while.  Very refreshing, but best reserved for the deepest reaches of solitude.

Total run: uhhh, in 58 minutes.  I think it's about 6.5 miles.  I really don't know.

Then, leg exercises and the daily double.  I've wussed out and replaced the single-leg squats with lunges.   Still a tough workout.  I upped the weights for the last sets of squats.

Today: easy 50-60 min jog, mostly in the forest.  Then arm exercises.  I tried to add the tricep dips but, man, I can't actually manage more than halfway! so I did dips on the bench.  I also added another chest exercise which turned out to be surprisingly satisfying.

The daily double after all of the tricep/bicep/chest exercises was rather uncomfortable.

No comments: