Thursday, July 11, 2013

~

Mon: travel, wade
Tues: 30 min jog, 30 pushups
Wed: 60 min jog
Thurs: colitis, surprisingly therapeutic 50 min super impromptu easy jog, a few hours blasting Mastodon, and generally feeling cheated that the establishment that incorporated a gluten-free logo in its menu nevertheless snuck gluten in somehow.  I even asked the waiter to make sure that my GF noodles were boiled in new water and a separate pot.  Oh, well.  After a night of fractured sleep, I woke up for the twentieth time early enough to go fishing, but I couldn't tell then if I'd be chumming the water, or what would happen.  It can be unpredictable.  So I stayed behind.

But I'm feeling better now.
But I'm in the hole.  This is the third time in three weeks, and I was already feeling drained before yesterday.
But I'm at the beach!  And the meal that got me was nevertheless very tasty.  Can't complain that much.

I have to finally accept that the term "gluten-free" is bandied about more loosely down here, and unless I meet a waiter or chef who has a gluten issue, or has an affected family member, I should stick with salad and sushi and steamed food (with restrictions).  There are just too many variables.  But I like eating!  But I can load up on food at home.

No comments: