Saturday, July 13, 2013

seize the hour

I slept in a bit this morning.  We hit the beach at about 7:45.  Yet the weather was still reasonable, and the sand was firm.  My husband ran with me for 40 minutes, and then I did another 40 alone.  Halfway through the run, it started to pour, and then it switched to a vicious yet virtually moistureless driving drizzle--we felt the impact, but seemingly from something other than water.  It was rather odd, but refreshing.  It was the start of a storm going elsewhere, and the sun returned, but the temps remained dropped.  Might have been even under 20 C!  It was so invigorating.

The tide was coming in and I was losing the good sand, but an 80 minute barefoot run was enough of a stretch.  But I felt no calf or achilles soreness, although my toes felt a bit rubbed raw later on.

Then I did 30 pushups--50 situps--20 pushups--50 situps, and then waded in to wash off the sand.

Good pump!  But wait, there's more:

Arm workout back home in the garage.  That dumbbell bench press set up trick has been a huge help!  


No comments: