Friday, July 19, 2013

~

No run, just too humid and one of those poor mornings anyway.  eh.  Whatever. 

Shoulders

Dumbbell shoulder press
Bent over rows, single arm
deltoid raises, side front, back
shoulder curl(?)
bar rear delt row
shrugs
Cuban press
Iron cross
lying one-arm lateral raise
rotator cuff exercises
pushups
situps

And a crapton of press and cleans with the EZ curl bar.  It was dismal at first.  The glories of last time eluded me.  I forgot everything.  It felt so foreign.  I was beginning to overthink and lose heart: I'm uncoordinated, and I should be using a straight bar, etc...I actually got a bit of a back spasm and did light relaxing deadlifts until it went away.  It happens.

A ray of hope.  It has been done.  Slowly I got back into the swing of it.  Remembered straight back, shoulders back, shoulder shrug, elbows up.  I'm such a slow learner, though; I need lots of repetition.  I did so many clean and presses within the sets.  Panic set in after a few minutes away with other exercises: oh, no, I'm forgetting everything again! Quick, reboot.

At least my shoulders got some work. 


No comments: