Monday, July 29, 2013

Gateway to the North

I have never been truly North.  But I've been to its gate a few times: Northern Ontario, Northern Nfld, and now Northern Alberta (which, like Northern Ontario, is only halfway up the province). 

The people who have offered me lifts today must have thought me mad, but a bit of rain is amply compensated by reasonable temperatures.   The high today was 16 C.  Such bliss, especially after a couple of months feeling like I'm walking/running/biking through someone else's ass.  I don't hate to be crass, just unnecessarily crass--and, in this case, there is no better way to put it. And in less than three weeks, I'll be sliding back into that used old Southern bathwater, y'all.

Last few days: not much except for a fair bit of walking.  I thought about running this evening but carrying a bunch of stuff up hills sapped me.  But today I found dumbbells I can use! I did some shoulder exercises.  Totally impromptu.  I was looking for a washroom and ended up in a mini-gym.  It also has some machines and at least one TM.  Tomorrow, I'm going to bring a change of clothes so I can do more.

No comments: