Tuesday, July 16, 2013

~

70 minute jog on roads and in the forest.  I prefer that spiders build their webs below waist level.  Other than that, it was an easy if very humid run.  My legs are still a little tired, but I think I can do a tempo run tomorrow.  Just three miles.  It's so gross out even early in the morning; I can't bear the thought of too many uphills until it gets back below 20C.  Someday ~

Then, arms.

I've slowly come to realize that the one arm supinated tricep extension just doesn't work for me.  Even with my lightest weight, I feel it too much in my elbow no matter how I adjust.  Maybe this is some sort of tendon issue from years of being a classical musician.  Anyway, if I put my palm facing my head, it works great.  In general, today was perhaps the first day I actually felt like I have triceps!  I could feel them instead of a more general effort.  And I did half a tricep dip on the station! lol.  My white whale is the elusive one-armed pushup, but I guess the proper tricep dip is in the same pod.

I also had my first failure with the chest press--my muscles quit on me!  Bam, nope! It was really funny--there must be a slapstick neuron or two.  This also happened last week when I tried to squat my husband.  I can carry him on my back for I don't know how many steps, and I can do a quarter squat, but I when I went down further, that was it.  Sudden slack and giddiness.  Oh, I've gone too far this time! LOL.  So, today on the bench, I lowered the weights to my stomach, took a breather, then sat back up and put them down.  I could have just dropped them at my side, but that wasn't necessary this time.  I still don't feel it in my chest as much as I think I should, so I was toying with position and evidently something really got sapped.  So, more research...I probably have to adjust my shoulders or something.  It's amazing what a micro turn or bend can do.

Like yesterday, I broke the daily double up and stuck it in the sets.  20-20-10 for the pushups, and 34-33-50 for the situps (I wanted more of a burn at the end).  It's astounding how long it's taken me to figure this out.  Weeks (months?) of scrapping the daily double after weights!   Duh, was I really that optimistic?  Putting it within the workout makes it non-negotiable. 

No comments: