Wednesday, December 3, 2008

breaking in the new shoes

I'm back in the saddle!
7ish miles...on the one hand, I was fresh; on the other, I was tired. The last few days have been fatiguing. The first 1/2 hour was oddly tiring...I wasn't breathing hard, and my legs were rolling over quickly of their own accord, but everything was stiff, too. And things were a little rusty and kind of scattered. I still felt like I was working too hard.

After about a 1/2 hour, though, things clicked and the endorphins kicked in and all the jagged bits smoothed out.

oops, I busted my no-net-after-ten rule! Will get enough sleep, though, and then restart the new deep breathing/yoga routine tomorrow. I'm also trying to get back into resistance exercises. I have to slot in the anti-ITBS stuff 2-3X a week, and then I'd like to incorporate pushups too, grease-the-groove method, little bits but often. I used to do 5 every time I had to use the bathroom. LOL

No comments: