Wednesday, December 10, 2008

commuting

So, I wasn't going to run today, but the heavens opened and spewed all this snow, and who can walk in that? Can't trust the buses either. And I have no car. I jogged, probably about 4-5 miles altogether.

My calves were a bit sore still when I got up, but the funny thing is, it's still way more comfortable to run mostly on my toes and that makes my calves feel BETTER, even afterwards. So I'll just roll with that.

I jogged, as usual, to my morning job, and by the time it got to my afternoon/evening job, the snow was quite thick. I've jogged there a few times in my scrubs, but that wouldn't have worked (although, I jogged home with them and they didn't get too wet....). I wore running clothes and carried the scrubs and a spare pair of shoes.

The endorphins were great! I was totally off my mind for a bit there, like I was all revved up and everyone else was moving so slowly. It was a really good start to the shift, and a good thing I had all that excess energy because I needed it. Pretty trippy with all the Brownies and old folks--the Brownies were there to give a concert and there were about 40 million of them. Fun but very busy evening.

And then I jogged home because the bus schedule has been changed...and they'll likely go on strike, anyway, so running made more sense although i was momentarily peeved about that. After a few minutes, though, I was happy. Happy enough to grab the dog when I got home and run a bit more with him. At one point we were tearing around a playing field and he was jumping up to shoulder height around me (not on--he knows better!)....he loved it. There was nobody out around midnight or whenever it was, and the field had all this fresh unbroken crunchy ankle-deep snow. It probably now looks like a pack of dogs had ripped through there.

at any rate, sometimes I really like running at night!

Unfortunately, I broke that no-net-past-ten rule, so will pay for it tomorrow. Meanwhile, x-training...morning routine, check, pushups, check. Core exercises tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I ran last night too. It was great fun... there is a bit "I am so freaking hard core" and the endorphins are great. :)

cs said...

Totally hard core!
I really like winter running. Shoes last longer, too.
Enjoy those endorphins :)