Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday...busting the netfew once again

I'm slogging through an assignment. I care ever so deeply about substrate-level phosphorylation so it's a good mental test/struggle to tear myself away from that. lol

I didn't do much on Thursday except about a mile of jogging around, and pushups, and my morning routine (5 whole sun salutations and the deep breathing, lol)and a yoga class. Yin yoga, of course. one of these days, I should really go to a regular class. It's been eons since I've done one of the Warrior poses. Anyway, Thursday was pretty much a wash as far as running was concerned because I was low on sleep and stiff.

Today was better. I ran almost 6.5 miles today, one commuting, and then 5.5ish to/at/from run club. Two people count as a club, right? Attendance was a little low, lol. It was one of those bragging-rights runs. Not as much snow as expected, but what was falling was concentrated into little ice needles or something, and they weren't falling so much as flung with deadly force. Not that there was much exposed skin, not with the windchill close to -30. However, my eyes were vulnerable and there were a few times I felt close to tears. And then my lashes started sticking together and it got better.

The groovy thing about such runs in such temps is the increased insulation...it kind of makes me feel like I'm not really there, with such a big buffer. It was a little surreal at times. I was floating again...no, really running, but I wasn't connected.

My scarf started freezing into the shape of my face, but otherwise I overdressed somewhat. I think my windbreaker started collecting ice on the inside....at any rate, it's beginning to smell like old hockey equipment, so I'd best wash it.

Well, back to α-ketoglutarate & Co., especially if I want to do what I hope to do tomorrow: run and maybe go to this crazy two-hour yoga class: 108 sun salutations. It'll be a bit of a stretch, as I've been doing only 5 in the morning. Apparently, 108 is traditional for the Solstice. It's supposed to be cleansing. It's intriguing, at any rate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, you're really not making me want to go to Ottawa next week.....

cs said...

I think it's supposed to warm up. :)