Wednesday, December 24, 2008

:)

I'm a bit better today. I don't have a fever anymore, and I'm less stiff. My hamstrings still hurt, though, but I'm walking better, at least. I'm trying to not walk much, just stretch and relax, but I did take the dog for a walk this morning and it was ok, just slow. It was better than yesterday because nobody stopped and stepped aside for me--I must have looked in pretty rough shape yesterday because people were being really polite. LOL

I really wanted to run today because the conditions were so good, but I really need to take it easy. I had a couple of issues with my hamstrings in the past--like any other sort of injury, it's the sort of thing that you can't push. However, some exercise is good, to increase blood flow around that darned connective tissue, as long as it's easy. Easy right now means a 15-20 minute slow walk or thereabouts; with time, 'easy' will encompass running too. I just have to be careful. And if this means that I won't run again until 2009, so be it. It was still a good year.

At any rate: Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: