Sunday, December 14, 2008

snow

And sleep--I slept for about ten hours straight!
My stiffness is going away, thank goodness, but my abdominal region is still sore. I broke down and had some milk in my tea today. No ill effects. Milk will likely trickle back into my diet. lol

Anyway, I did my morning routine (sans Qigong...will have to brush up on that) and I've done my pushups. I'm getting better at remembering to do them...it was suggested to do them every time I went to a certain spot, but that wasn't clicking. So, I just do them whenever I remember, wherever I am. And I jogged 7.5 miles...the first mile was with the dog but he was getting kind of fussy with his paws (he won't wear booties) so I dropped him off and continued. There was an inch or two of snow on the sidewalks, but it was ok. My legs were still tired from yesterday's 5K race, and my calves are still a bit sore, but things seem to be recovering nicely. I had a good run. Maybe part of the cause of the stiffness was not running enough. My body got used to and then needed that level of activity. At any rate, I must get enough sleep these next two days--I'll have both jobs.

This week will be the darkest one and then the light will be at the end of the tunnel, in more than one way :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do your pushups outside? In the snow? Wow, good for you!

The good thing about tunnels is that they have an opening, they're not closed off - so you'll get through this. Just keep those endorphins going!

cs said...

Thanks for the kind words.
And, lol, I do my pushups inside. Sometimes at work, though. I do 5ish sets of 5ish pushups a day...when those 5 get too easy, then I'll start raising my feet. the idea is that doing a not-too hard exercise often is ultimately better than doing a harder one not as often. Grease the groove is what they call it.