Thursday, December 11, 2008

Slacking off

Sort of....I'm still freaking stiff! I'm not sure why. granted, I haven't been to a formal yoga class for a few weeks now....ohhhhh. But I have been stretching at home, and am getting better about the morning routine and getting enough sleep, so I'll keep things going a bit longer and see. And maybe try to get back to a class, too.

It didn't help that this morning I woke up with a pretty fierce knot just under my left shoulder blade. I'm falling apart! lol

So, yoga, walking, pushups today. no running.

I am toying with the idea of throwing a few crunches in, probably in the morning....I know that I'm doing core exercises, but I guess I somehow feel that I should be doing the various crunches too, and every day. At any rate, the push ups are getting a little easier. I don't do many at a time, just often--3+ times a day. today has been 5 so far. I'm also doing a different sort than I've done in the past: elbows in instead of out. This is considerably harder for me--my base level (without any recent training) of the old sort is about 25-30 until I start getting shaky, lol, but with this other type, I'm lucky to get 5 in. LOL. However, I was told that if I ever want to do a one-armed or a Chinese pushup (which I can't describe except that it looks really cool), then this is the sort to practice.

Oh, and running....my calves are still a little sore. I've been stretching them regularly, as well as stretching the other stuff on the opposite side of the line, esp quads. My quads are usually tight.

Busted! I broke my no net after ten rule again! it's after ten? geez!

ok, before I be good and ditch this for a few yin yoga poses and my bio textbook, I have a confession to make. It's kind of gross, I think. My sore calves are just an excuse. Running actually gets them to loosen up. But why am I not running as much? nothing to do with recovery....in my defense, those 100+K weeks amounted to a LOT of showering. usually, 2X a day. I'm enjoying not having to shower quite that much. Will leave it at that.

No comments: