Monday, December 29, 2008

still recovering...

I'm still stiff, but at least there's much less pain, and I seem to be running fine.
I ran 2 miles and might run more to/from work, will see. The sidewalks are still pretty bad in parts, so I'm not going to count on a steady jog, but it might be a case of walking on the slippery bits and jogging on the clear to make up time. lol

Anyway, my 2 miles (sort of) were on the WalkFit machine---I remembered the name this time. It was pretty much the same workout, effort, and feeling as yesterday. An added element was having the dog there this time...we managed to share the belt for about ten seconds. It's a little too narrow. LOL

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to add the run to my morning routine (I just did yoga and pushups...until it gets lighter earlier, I don't think I'll be able to do it. After my morning shift was ok, but that's usually dog-exercising time. We'll see if I manage to toughen up. Meanwhile, I'm going to attempt my resistance exercises. It's been a week since I've done them last, but things feel a lot better now, and even getting into and out of lunges is fine. I still can't touch my toes, though.

No comments: