Thursday, December 4, 2008

recovery

Yes, once again, I'm recovering, sort of. I'm still feeling run down, and the last few days have been worse than usual. I did have two short nights of sleep, but usually that doesn't hit me as hard. Then I realized that, whoa, I'm eating too much junk while studying, so I'll be making changes to that and my diet in general. Strangely, unseasonally, I'm craving salad so I'll be eating more of that, with iron-rich nuts and feta and so forth to boost it up. I also realized that it's been at least two weeks since I've taken any iron supplements. I take them after running. But I haven't been running! Well, now I've restarted and I'll see how I feel in a week.

Morning routine, breathing exercises and a bit of yoga. Will build on this after a week or so. Pushups--I'm still forgetful, but will get as many sets in as I can manage. Stretching, after runs. Running: 5.24 miles with the dog. Just an easy run. I worked on loosening up and keeping things light--like I usually do--but I focused specifically on picking my feet off the ground as quickly as possible, and in keeping my form tight. And it was actually sunny for a bit, which was really nice.

As for resistance exercises, Friday will be a good day. I think Wednesday will be good, too. I like doing them on tougher days...not that any day will be particularly tough for a few weeks....lol. Anyway, I'll start tomorrow and see.

1 comment:

Nat said...

You know between schedules and illness it's been a really rough few weeks for me as well... alas.