Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting crazy

First of all, the dog and I need to put our heads together and find that nonexistent happy medium between his no-booties stance with his no-running-in-slush stance....can't have both in this weather!

I haven't been running as long as I usually do because he's good for only 4-5 miles, which is FINE. I just have to be more strict with myself and accept that we have fewer options and I might have to run the same way every day, or nearly. I'm thinking that we'll do loops around a nearby park, and then I return home and keep going on my own. That will cut down on the traffic lights, rather than running the mile to the Canal and then having to return home soon after. Or I get snowshoes and tire him out by the river. that's a possibility too.

At any rate, I haven't done my core exercises yet, but morning routine and pushups are in so far. and running, 4.5ish miles.

And I'm going NUTS! I really am getting seriously scrambled. I was kind of hoping that this wouldn't happen again, but at least I've been through this before and it's not stressing me out as much, though I'm still doing the same crap as before, not eating or sleeping enough, spending way too much time checking, rechecking email:

The 1/2 way point of my husband's deployment is nearly here, give or take a week or so. I don't know the exact date, but that doesn't stop what I'm going through again: for some reason, time really starts to drag a few weeks before this 1/2 way point. I'm not sure why! It's not as bad as when time drags the couple of days before he's due home, but it's more annoying in a way because I endure all this angst for nothing tangible. I'm off my nut but, yay, the day will come and, oh, it'll still be at least three more months before I see him.

So I really really really need to run all this off, but I need to exercise the dog too and he bails after a few lousy miles, and of course, when I'm at home dropping him off, I need to check my email, and then, geez, I might as well shower and get on with the rest of the day.

So, new net rules to save my sanity: no checking after 9:00pm. That's right! no checking before the morning shift, nor no more than five minutes between the morning shift and exercise. That's it so far...

No comments: