Friday, October 17, 2008

zoning out

Today was a good run.
Actually, getting to work was a mini run (again), but I'm trying not to count that, as painful as it is to tear myself out of bed that early. The job itself is fine, I just wish I could sleep in more. ah, well.

And then, after that job, came the real run. The dog and I jogged for 8.02 miles. It was a proper jog, leisurely and languid. I felt a little pressed for time, as I wanted a nap before my evening job, but I managed to keep things easy. I tinkered with my form a bit, as I usually do, trying to loosen things up here and there, and adjust things, and see how much bang I can get for my buck. IE, if picking up my feet slighly more quickly seems worth the effort, I'll experiment with that for a while, and then I'll concentrate on my hips, the tilt of my pelvis, or pushing off from the hip flexors, or maybe I'll concentrate on keeping my ankles loose, but not too loose, and keeping my footstrike soft, but not too soft, and then it's time to check out what my arms are doing, etc, etc, and I'm working on eradicating this weird head tilt I sometimes get, too. Stuff like that is usually good for several miles' worth of attention.

It was a very productive run today.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Languid... good word.

Sometimes we need runs like that.
Are you doing Rattle Me Bones next week?

cs said...

That's next week?! I don't think I'll enter, but it would be fun to go and cheer. I'll have to see...man, this one snuck up on me. I had hoped to race it, but meanwhile marathon training has handed my ass to me. lol

Anyway, best of luck and maybe I'll see you next week!