Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chafed!

Yep, I have under-upper-arm chafing, mainly because I ran in sodden clothes for upwards of two hours. Plus, I overdressed slightly, so I was probably sweating too. It was hard to tell.

At any rate, I ran over to a friend's house, and then ran with her and a few others for a while. The drizzle was slight at first, and it got heavier, to rain, then to pouring rain...didn't quite get to the downpour stage, but pretty close. Likewise, my mood shifted from annoyed, to miserable, to giddy, to numb. Eventually, there were just the two of us left, and we were achieving the hoped-for faster finish because we just wanted to go home already.

So, I ran in total 15.79 miles, including getting there and back. I didn't take any water or gels. Went home, jumped in the shower, and felt no different at first. LOL

At any rate, I've been having a bit of a science crisis, the regular ole thing about matter being primarily composed of space. I think I went through this in high school too: OMG, nothing's really solid! well, fortunately, I've also had to read about the adhesive qualities of water....after today's drenching, I definitely felt more cohesive. LOL

No comments: