Sunday, October 12, 2008

SATURDAY

I ran 9.72. Several miles of jogging, then an aborted tempo run, then several more miles of jogging.

The tempo run was supposed to be on Friday, but I felt too rushed for it then. Yes, tempo runs are 'rushed', but I like to take my time easing into them. So I postponed it a day, figuring that I'd probably not get enough sleep on Saturday to do my long run on Sunday, thus postponing that to Monday....thus, there would be an easy day between the tempo run and the long run, as originally planned, and all this would still leave enough recovery time to get a good stab at Wednesday's speedwork.

Well, I coasted for a while, then started the tempo portion, and my legs were suddenly stiff. I could move, but not much faster than my recent 1/2 marathon, and it felt much worse. Last Wednesday's workout had been pretty tough, and still somewhat a tempo workout already, so I figured to cut the run short and save myself for the long run.

It was a nice day for running, at any rate.

No comments: