Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rest day, but not for raccoons.

I have almost gotten rid of my cold completely. There was a fair bit of gunk in my throat and sinuses when I woke up, though, so after my morning shift, I chowed down, took the dog for a walk, studied a bit, and put the rest of my theoretical running time towards extending my nap. Nearly two hours total! Did me good.

Although, it's also perhaps why I'm kind of wired now, or maybe it's all that tea I was drinking at work. It seems that I'm drinking it more out of boredom than fatigue, though, so I might bring some green tea from home.

Anyhow, I have walked a fair bit today, probably 3.5 miles....and then I got home and let the dog out and it was so light! The sky was so light, I could see a fair bit of detail in my backyard, and it was almost like daylight. It was a little trippy.
So, despite the late hour, after eleven, I took the dog for another walk. He liked it. There's more to smell at that hour, I think. It was nice to be out with everything so quiet.

I looked up the moon phase on www.wunderground.com....I thought for sure it would be a full moon, but it's in fact a sliver. Guess that was an awful lot of light pollution, or perhaps some solar storms.

Well, anyway, tomorrow is speedwork and I might run the dog in the morning as well, depending on how I feel. Helps me loosen up for the speedwork later on too.

No comments: