Wednesday, October 15, 2008

rest day

Sort of...

I jogged to work again, lol, and probably walked an additional 4 miles. This isn't out of the ordinary: I usually walk a few miles a day to/from work, errands, etc. I'm only mentioning it now because I want to write about something other than the election. Whoops...

Anyway, I feel ok from yesterday, just a little stiff. Will take the stick to my legs before I go to sleep (soon!) So, I think I'll be good for the usual two-run Wednesday. will see.

My biggest problem right now is shoes. As in new shoes, as in in time for the marathon. Yes, I'm still waffling about that. This would be so simple, especially since my ex-local running store has a really nifty website....but they're in the US and I'm in Canada. However, this would be still be simple, except that the shoes I want are New Balance and New Balance has a chokehold on importation, so I have to cough up the extra $70 or whatever no matter what. uh. So, plan B is to buy the shoes in Philly and walk/run around in them for a few days...this is simple too, but what if they don't have my size at the local running store there? So, plan C is to order the shoes online and have them shipped to my father-in-law's....and why am I not jumping on this? Well, I'd hate to inconvenience my FIL and step-MIL any more; they're already letting me stay with them before the marathon. And breaking in new shoes a few days before a marathon is a little half-baked and I don't want them to know that I'm half-baked, or my ideas, at any rate. LOL.

Seriously, though, the first pair of those shoes were like clouds from the get-go, so I think plan C could work. Plan D is ask my step-MIL to mail the shoes to me, but I don't want to waste her time like that. Plan E is to bend over and give NB the extra $70 or whatever. Honestly, that's pretty much a 2nd set of shoes!!

No comments: