Friday, October 24, 2008

Speedwork

The dog got two walks and no run today. I'm nearing the point of 'oh, this didn't use to hurt before', little glitches here and there. I stretch, take the stick to it, and something else crops up. I am getting pretty tired!

So I saved my energy for speedwork. Was very sluggish jogging over and doing the warm up drills, but I eased into the intervals. 2 min intervals at 5K pace, measured in miles:

.27/@7:24/mile
.27/@7:24
.28/@7:08
.25/@ 8:00 (did someone drop a doughnut???!)
.29/@6:53
.28/@7:08
.29/@6:53
.31/@6:27
.31/@6:27
.32/@6:15

It was ok. I got into that tired dull state of mind where I could just keep plugging away because caring and complaining were too fatiguing. Near the end, I freshened up and was trying to do one complete lap around the section we were running around, and the last one was successful! runningmap.com pegs it at .34 of a mile...

Total run/jogged: 8.58 miles. So I'm pretty much at my mileage goal for this week, 50 miles, but there's still a longish run tomorrow with some friends. oh, well!

No comments: