Wednesday, October 1, 2008

debating Wednesday

Sadly, the cheering throngs outside the NAC weren't for us...

Anyway, today was a light work day and so a double-header: 6.05ish miles with the dog in the morning (it was a nice jog) and approx 9.51 miles in the evening with speedwork and jogging before/after/within. Now I'm in a modified smiling cow pose on my floor. It's so much healthier having a laptop.

Anyway, speedwork was ok. It was nice and cool, maybe a little too windy for my taste, but ok. The loops we did were somewhat hilly (it was The Hill, after all) and while I seem to have kicked my cold, I'm still a little tired. Conveniently, I heard that we were to do 4-5 repeats, and not 4-6. I would have liked to do the last one, and I was sad to learn of it while others were already halfway through it. And I can see Russia from my house too. LOL

5 min repeats:

.73/mile
.73
.71
.73
.70

Good enough for now. I really have to get psyched up for the last bit of this marathon training. I'm getting tired, mainly of having to shower so much, ha, and then running that good 1/2 has maybe lifted my confidence too high ("heck, I can jog this thing!"). It's time to get serious. I'm not training for a marathon. I know I could jog a marathon tomorrow. I'm training to qualify for Boston. And, yeah, maybe I could do that tomorrow, or next week, but I need to build up a good buffer in case I eat a cruddy cheesesteak the night before or trip over a frat boy by Dexter. Or drink too much beer in Manayunk. Or something.

It's going to be a good race and I have to give it my best, not only then, but until then too.

No comments: