Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday, no running, just grazing. The army marches on its stomach

Not one step. Not even to work. I had just the morning job today, and will walk with the dog and do yoga this afternoon. The rest of the day will be devoted to studying.

And eating. I went to the grocery store and bought more things to graze on (apart from the dried fruit I've been eating), including bananas, pickled herring, pomegranates, bean salad, bagels, and hummus. It looks like I'm replacing popcorn with corn chips and hummus. alright, then.

And there were two churros. Were. See, there's a bakery I usually walk by on my way home from the morning job, and lately I've been hitting the skor caramel/granola bars there pretty hard...I gave it a miss today but thus broke the cardinal rule of grocery shopping and started off hungry. Churros are not ideal, but now that I know that they aren't particularly good there anyway, I can pass them up next time. Hopefully. I think I'll give up and keep going to the bakery instead. The skor caramel/granola bars there aren't deep-fried, at least.

At any rate, I'm happy to not run today. I've been pushing it pretty closely lately. There's a little more that feels stiff and sore when I start out most times; I've been more diligent about stretching and yoga and I think that's holding most of it at bay. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my fitness recently, despite the increased fatigue, which is really encouraging...but at this point it's almost too encouraging, because my body's also much closer to the edge.

No comments: