Monday, September 1, 2008

Long run

It's intriguing how much the Friday sprints torch my legs in a not immediately apparent manner. The fatigue just sort of creeps up after an hour or two. I dragged myself out of bed yesterday, feeling like crud, and trailed the end of the group for awhile. Then they all turned around, except for one other runner. We kept going and discussed many things, including how lovely it is to run on the gravel by the river, and how much it sucks to have to go uphill on the hot concrete in full sun afterwards. Maybe next time I'll bring a cardboard box and just stay by the river. Or maybe I'll buy a boat. LOL

Anyway, it was one of those tougher-than-it-should-be runs. Still, it might have been even tougher, had I tried to run faster at the beginning. I'd decided, though, to run at my own pace this time, and it worked out better. There will be time for faster long runs later on.

Today, Monday, I lay around, studied, slept, and ate. I spent most of the day horizontal and it was lovely. About 1-2 hrs were in the water, but I was such a slug, I put on a lifejacket and just floated. I'm terribly unbuoyant...I can swim, and I can tread water, but I was feeling so very slothful. It was Labour Day, after all. The title itself tired me out.

No comments: