Sunday, September 28, 2008

recovery sleep in

Ahhh, I wish I could sleep in tomorrow, too. It was so nice!

I still haven't done much today, just some studying (well, admittedly, a very little bit), some surfing--new marathon world record set today by Haile in Berlin--eating, showering, laundry, and a very relaxing run.

It's nice and overcast out, with a bit of a breeze. Temps were about 18C and a trifle too humid for my preference, but it was fine for relaxing. It was definitely tank top weather but I wore my Army 1/2 shirt too. I've been overdressing a bit lately so that I don't get too used to the colder temps just yet, plus I have this cold: letting my core temps get a little hotter seems to help my recovery. Anyway, I debated taking the dog and eventually thought against it. I think he's a bit tired and would prefer a walk later on...he's run a fair bit this week and was a bit sluggish yesterday. Plus, I wanted to relax as much as possible, and focus on me, how things felt, tweaking my form, loosening up, etc, etc.

It went well. I jogged 7 miles...I was tempted to do more, but I would like to have another good night's sleep and try to do my long run tomorrow. We should have the same sort of weather, which will be good. I'll take it easy and just tour around for about 2.5 hrs, if all goes well.

No comments: