Saturday, September 6, 2008

Stiff

I slept enough last night, but I had a new student this morning and I was a bit preoccupied by that. I even dreamt about teaching! So I got up feeling like I needed more sleep.

My run was later in the afternoon, and I was stiff. Fortunately, the weather was on the cool side, 'only' 16 degrees. I left the dog at home, focused on posture and keeping the effort easy, and ran about 6.66 miles in ??? I had a watch, but I didn't look at it when leaving the house or on the run, except near the end.

Tomorrow will be a tough run. I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

Plus I have a busy week ahead of me, starting with an evening shift tomorrow, and ending with an exam. I've been studying regularly, but unfortunately the chapters on the exam are not the ones that interested me the most in the course.

At any rate, I can't believe the Army Run is so soon--just two weeks! I'm excited about it. I've been putting in a lot of miles and while I'm not sick of running--yet--I am sort of tired of the discipline and fatigue, and more and more curious to see if it's paying off. LOL. And, above all, I'll get to share the race with my husband. He's going to run a shadow run in Iraq. We'll get to compare race experiences sometime down the line. It's hard to explain why that will be so nice.

Anyway, this week has been my highest mileage week ever: 68 miles. phew! I don't imagine going much above that.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I'll see you there. I am very apprehensive about this one. I'll tell Jeff to keep an eye out for you at the finish.

cs said...

Thanks, Nat!
I'm a bit worried too...if I knew we would have the weather we had today, I'd feel ok about it. Knock wood, it won't be warmer.

Anyway, apart from the weather, I think you have nothing to worry about :)