Saturday, September 20, 2008

recovery

I slept in, about nine hours straight and I feel a lot better now! And I should get umpteen more hours tonight, after I look at the race route online, and then it'll be up to my stomach and the weather. :)

It's amazing how one good night of sleep helps so much.

Anyway, I jogged down to the expo to pick up race stuff for tomorrow. My legs felt stiff, but that's ok. I didn't expect otherwise. They will probably continue to feel stiff until the adrenaline kicks in. It has been the same way with other races, and with speedwork too. My body has gotten more sparing with speed, and I'm cool with that. It was part of my summer resolution, after all, to get more in touch with what felt right; in return, while I usually end up jogging closer to a 10:00/mile than a 9:00/mile most of the time, I think (I really don't know for certain, that being another facet of my summer resolution), I have been more successful at hitting those faster miles when I ask for them.

So, tomorrow, I would really like to crack 8:00/mile. Mind you, my training has not focused on this, so I can't be too demanding, but I'll do my best to get into a good frame of mind and a reasonable pace.

I also made a pace band. First time ever! It's in miles--I think better in miles--and I ended up going with the months of my husband's deployment. Trick will be to trick myself into believing that if I run mile 11 (usually my worst point in a 1/2) in 7:59, then April 2009 will come and go all the more quickly. LOL

My husband will be doing his run soon, too....either in a few hours or at the same time tomorrow.

No comments: