Tuesday, September 16, 2008

loosening up

The weird behind-the-knee issue is diminishing. I did yoga last night and will go to a class tonight.

I still have to work on my other major issue: getting enough sleep! My schedule is a bit jacked up, what with the split shift thing I have going...yes, split shift is draining, but I like having the time to run in daylight, and this will be especially precious come winter. Ideally, I would have a good solid evening shift job and sleep in a bit more, but until such a job comes my way (probably 2.59 months before I'm due to move again), I'll have to spread the joy around a bit more. lol

At any rate, the dog and I jogged about 5.78 miles today. It was a nice easy run, and I loosened up a bit both physically and emotionally. We also met someone else on the route who recognized me (and not the dog this time, lol). It's funny how a few seconds of seeing a familiar face can elevate one's mood considerably.

I will try to run with the dog tomorrow, if there's time before speedwork.

No comments: