Tuesday, September 23, 2008

recovery

Sort of. I have insomnia. Long frantic shift....but the nice thing about frantic shifts is that there isn't enough time, so it passes more quickly. The not so nice thing is that it takes a while for that adrenaline to melt away. Dang it, can that parasympathetic nervous system kick in already?

Anyway, the dog and I jogged about 5 miles today. I was pretty stiff at first, and then things loosened up. My quads are a bit sore, though, but nothing major. Going to yin yoga yesterday helped a lot, pulling my skeleton apart a bit. I can run up and down stairs fine. Found that out at work.

That job, for all I whine about it, isn't half bad in many ways. I think it's improved my core strength, at least. And time sure doesn't drag while I'm there.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Insomnia is harsh... sort of sucks the life blood out of you.