Wednesday, September 10, 2008

catching up on sleep....

I ran 12.09 miles today, not counting running to work this morning. I was kind of slow out of the gate, lol, so had to make up for it.

Anyway, I ran several miles with the dog, and then did speedwork with the group. This is an 'easy' week. 'Easy' is comparative, of course. Actually, though, it was nice. 2000M, 5 min rest, 1500M, 4 min rest, 1000M. At 10Kish pace. That was it.

I was too fast, but the weather was decent and there were a few people running at/around my pace, so it was smooth sailing.

pace:
7:12/mile
6:56/mile
7:06/mile

The middle one did feel harder than the rest, but my Garmin was wonky: every time I glanced at it, it seemed to say something like 7:48, so I figured I was just getting sloppy. Next time, I'll trust my body more.

Oh, and there was carnage: most memorably, a bug went up my nose during the 1500M interval. That was disconcerting.

No comments: