Friday, September 19, 2008

fatigue

I'm tired.
It's a combo of split shift-tired and higher mileage settling in-tired and taper-tired.

I'm not sure why tapers seem to feel so tiring...it's as if the body has been doing minor renovations during the bulk of training and then, given much more free time and funds, decides "never mind the new tile, let's gut the place."

So I'm more tired than worried.

The dog and I jogged 3.86 miles this morning, and I ran to work before that. Soon I will have a short nap and then I will do my evening shift. I have a few ideas to make the evening run smoothly, if not slothfully, knock wood.

1. that nobody will somehow run a wheelchair into me or otherwise injure me.
2. that I won't have extra work left by the day shift.
3. that certain residents have not been overly caffeinated.

At any rate, my jog today was easy but very blah, sort of sluggish and I wasn't 100%into it. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow--this should put some spring back into my step!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Maybe a sign to just rest and skip a few runs?

cs said...

Definitely!
I've skipped a couple already this wee, and I don't think I'll run tomorrow. Picking up my bib will be exercise enough. lol :D