Friday, August 1, 2008

the army marches on its stomach

Thurs: nothing. I didn't feel like running. Wasn't sore or anything, but I didn't feel like running, and usually when that happens, I look at my log and see when the last break was, and if I should be concerned or try to pump up the moto/kick myself out the door...well, it had been 18 days straight, so I figured all was well, I was just tired of changing clothes so often. LOL

Fri: speedwork again, but shorter intervals. I like these. The training program our group has treats them a little differently than what I've done before, though. I'm used to barrelling out and taking a nice slow walk back, roughly 1:30-2:00 for every 200m and about 3-4 min for 400m. The recoveries this time were only 60s, except between sets, and I was still in the old gear, although I was a bit slower than last summer. 38-40 seconds per 200M. This is faster than specified for me, and just too fast to handle the short rest intervals. So I didn't do the maximum specified, but was fairly consistent, at least, I guess. I have to look at the upcoming workouts and feel my way around a better pace.

My stomach hurt at the end, though. Still does a bit, though it hurt this morning, too, so I shouldn't be too surprised. Summer finally is catching up to me gut-wise, but I would like to continue speedwork and stay off the Bentyl. Just another month-ish, just hang in there... I guess this means that all my other runs will stay super easy for the time being. :D

No comments: