Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday!

I guess I did not post yesterday...it was a blah run with the dog. Hot, sunny, and humid. 6.75 miles in ??? I didn't want to know.

Anyway, the weather gods took pity on me and gave me some good atmos tonight. This morning was about 6.3 miles with the dog---trying to tire him out, lol--and then this evening was 300M repeats/just over 8 miles total. And it was nicely overcast and cooler than normal! Last week was 200M repeats in the heat&humidity and they were way too fast. This time, I wanted to take them easier. My friend/coach told me that they weren't supposed to be full-out sprints, but more like on the aerobic threshhold. Which, for me, was apparently 1:14-1:11/300M.

Well, it worked pretty well.

1:07
1:10
1:09
1:12
1:11
1:12
1:11
1:08
1:12

The first one seemed reasonable, but I slowed it down. Really wanted to try this new way of doing short repeats. What helped was imagining more of a 2mile pace than a sprint, and keeping things light. Maybe I was a little bit conservative, considering the better weather, but it did feel like a good workout by the end.

It was a good day...the run with the dog wasn't that great, but I got to see some of the Olympics, which was neat. I hope to find the opening ceremonies on Youtube or something...I saw some of them while at one of my jobs, at least, and most of the parade of athletes. I guess I'm sentimental: I felt close to tears at a few points.

At any rate, I feel surprising good for having run 61.73 miles this week. My goal was 60. So I'll take tomorrow off. Sort of. I still have to work. I have a new job as a PSW, and it is a bit strenuous, and starts as 7:00 am sometimes, like tomorrow. LOL. But, hey, the bonus is that I'm fed there (and the food is good) and I wear scrubs. No fuss. I'll set them out tonight and roll into them tomorrow.

Oh, and the funny things about these scrubs...I got XS but they must be unisex because they're still sort of looser than I'd expect. I was crouching, trying to help someone else pull their pants up, and mine were riding lower and lower. Homeostatis at work! (sort of, if one considers the room the innards of an organisms, and optimal condition being 1 person dropping trou. Okay, a bit of a stretch...just like my waistband. ha)

No comments: