Monday, August 25, 2008

chickens coming home to roost

Yesterday was a long run, but a short long run...I think I ran only 12 miles in total. Several of those were at marathon pace (hopefully, knock wood)...it was a fun but probably useless workout at this stage. Part of the problem was the weather, though--not bad heat-wise, but very very humid and I wanted to get the run done with as soon as possible. I chafed up pretty badly, and it tired me out more than it should have. I had to work that evening, too. Man, I hope a better job crops up soon. Will keep applying.

Today was 8 miles with the dog. I was tired and it was one of those crappy runs. THe weather was cooler and much drier than yesterday, but I was stiff. I took it easy. Average pace was probably about 10:30/mile. The run helped me loosen up a bit, at least, and I guess it was a good mental workout.

I guess I should try to catch up on sleep tonight!!! That's my biggest problem.

No comments: