Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday

I can't remember if I updated yesterday, and I haven't checked: it was about 4.12 miles with the dog. Slow. I wasn't sore from yesterday, and just a bit stiff, but I was tired.

Today: 8.88 miles with the dog. So-so. I was upset at the beginning of the run, and I managed to feel better by the end of it, but it wasn't the best run I've ever had. I got into a good zone a few times, but I had to stop every so often for the dog. I don't wish to blame him, though--he was good, he just had to poop, pee a few times, have some water, etc.

I felt crappy--still do--because of one of my part-time jobs. I don't wish to rant about it. That's unproductive. But it is a learning experience and worth examining in those terms. I have learnt that I'm fine with most personal support tasks--the only one which has grossed me out to any degree has been handling/cleaning dentures. Strange, that. So I must try to minimize my contact with false teeth in the future. I guess this also goes with my worst bodily fluid aversion: spittle. Poop, pee, puke, blood, snot, whatever, but I get grossed out by spit.

Another thing I've confirmed: I can learn by observing, by following written directions, or by someone guiding me in a step-by-step fashion, but what really doesn't work is someone telling me to do a series of tasks without giving much info, and then correcting and stopping me every few seconds WHILE I'm working. I had someone doing that for several hours yesterday and I don't remember anything except the frustration and flashbacks to umpteen horrible French classes. Feedback afterward is fine, though. Fortunately, I got my trainer to sit down with me and discuss what I was supposed to do, and I wrote it down. I liked the trainer as a person, and she was helpful, but the training was a bit exhausting.

And I really don't do well in an environment with a lot of talking behind people's backs. It lowers my morale and then my perversiveness kicks in and I feel the urge to really give them something to talk about. LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rant away!!! Believe me, it makes you feel better! ;)