Wednesday, August 20, 2008

speedwork

First, about 3-ish miles easy with the dog in the morning. And I mean easy. I was trying not to perspire. lol

Evening, about 7.26 miles with speedwork. The bulk of the workout was 3-4-5-4-3 min, with 2 min recovery. Easier than last week. But I felt more tired and the intervals actually seemed longer.

Part of that was due to not having a functioning Garmin...mine was out of juice :(. So, once I started, I pretty much had to hang in there until I heard the signal to stop. No boost breaking down the interval mentally, or counting down.

Anyway, I clicked about on runningmap.com afterwards...no wonder my intervals felt crappy. They were faster than last week.

.49@6:07/mile
.63@6:21/mile
.77@6:29/mile
.63@6:21/mile
.46@6:31/mile

My stomach hurt, probably due to the warmth, but other than that, I was fine. No soleus, no knee issues. Woohoo! I will stretch and roll tonight too, and try to get enough sleep. Tomorrow will be a long work day, morning and evening jobs, and I suspect that I won't run much if at all. And I might not run at all on Saturday, either. Still, I will likely cover about 45 miles during the week, which is what I expected.

Oh, and I found out that the Philadelphia marathon will start at 7:00 am, not 8:00. :( They moved the start back to give people more time to complete the thing, which is nice....but, man!! So I'll rent a hotel room downtown: I won't be able to make it on the regional train in time. I guess this makes up for the uber cheap train fare, if I choose to go down by train. :)

No comments: