Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good running weather!

This morning, it was about, oh, somewhere below 20C, overcast, and not humid. Nice!
I ran to the running group, then ran with someone else training for a marathon...we ran just over two hours. Some of the miles were close to marathon pace for me, and I knew that that was a bit fast for a long run. On the other hand, I also know that perhaps I am going too slow in general, plus this run was relatively short and a good wake-up call. At any rate, it was nice. Then I ran home. About 16.2 miles in total.

I am not sure if I'll run all my long runs with the group, but maybe every 1 out of 2 or 3, at least until I'm more used to the pace.

My stomach feels fine, too. Could have been just running too hard in too hot weather. I'll see. If whatever it has stopped, then I'm no worse for wear.

My legs still feel a little trashed, though, so if time and inclination permit, I will try jogging for a while before showing up for sprints next week, and I will try to keep them slower. Maybe if I think 'light' more than 'fast'....

No comments: