Wednesday, August 6, 2008

salvaging

Today wasn't looking good.

Yesterday's 1.5 hr jog went well, and I got to bed at a decent hour....and then I had gut problems. Not messy gut problems, but it felt like things were being stripped raw (if I remember correctly, the stuff lining the intestines is simple collumnar epithelium....just looked it up, SCORE! I've been studying a lot for a test later this week.

Anyway, my guts were on fire and I couldn't go to sleep until past four, and yet I had to wake up at 6 to go to a new job. After that 8-hour learning experience, I was pretty beat. I got home and debated skipping the workout, but I wanted to return the pylons I'd borrowed for Friday's sprints. So I went and coughed up a few 1200 repeats, 5:13, 5:13, 5:07, 5:08, and then one slower one, just because. It was good to do, even if I was tired. I have about 20 more miles this week to get through, and then a somewhat heavy week next week, and then an easy week.

I really have to get some sleep.

No comments: