Saturday, August 16, 2008

getting low on sleep

Yep, I'm sure glad I'm through a tough week and looking to an easier one. I'm really enjoying the Olympics, and it's worth staying up late to see some of the events, but I felt pretty tired at work this evening, and I still have to go into work tomorrow evening, too. I'll be dragging. They took the coffee pot away early during the break tonight which was tragic. As a result, I didn't get through everything and so the night shift person will have to complete it...par for the course, because most of that was left for me by the day shift. LOL. Admittedly, I also took a small bit of time off (actually, my break started late because of an emergency, so I made up for that time, lol) to watch the end of the women's marathon. The winner looked like she was in pain for much of it. I can't imagine the depth of that effort, nor how wonderful it must have been for her to enter the stadium for the victory lap.

Anyway, I got to sleep sometime after 2:30 am and woke up before 8:30 for no real reason. I was tired but I couldn't sleep any more. Decided to go for a short run--a tempo run was out of the question--so the dog and I jogged 3.54 miles mostly on the flat. Usually, there's at least a couple of hills in our route, but I really wanted to take it easy because I was slightly stiff all over. My knee felt fine, though, and I had a lot of running around and crouching at work and I didn't think of it once. Hopefully, I'll get more sleep tonight before the group long run tomorrow morning, and it won't be an issue. Will see. I'll take the stick to my legs again tonight.

No comments: